Saturday, April 01, 2006

An anniversary, an ending, and a new beginning

I searched "anniversary" on google images, and this one leaped right out at me:


Happy anniversary to me! I'm a sucker for a woman in high-cut knickers and a halo.

One year ago today, I started blogging by posting some thoughts on the Terri Schiavo controversy.

Twelve months have now passed … and it's time to drive a stake through the heart of Simply Put. We'll leave it out there in cyberspace, orbitting forever like debris cast off from a space station.

When I started Ragged Glory, I tried to compartmentalize myself, segregating my thoughts into a secular blog and a Christian blog. I wasn't able to manage it very successfully, so I am decommissioning both my blogs. (Ragged Glory readers won't want to miss my final post over there.)

And now introducing … (drum roll, please) …

Toward Jerusalem!

As the header indicates, I'm going to focus primarily on theological posts. But the greater goal is to reintegrate the constitutent parts of my psyche.

In other words, I will continue to offer social and political commentary. And occasionally I'll throw around opinions on subjects I know nothing about, to prove that nothing has actually changed.

There you have it:  an anniversary, an ending, and a new beginning.

device enables woman to pat herself on the backIn case some of you don't follow me to the new URL … thanks for sharing your opinions with me over the past year. I'm sure you were far more patient with my B.S. than I deserved.

The purpose of Simply Put was to encourage respectful dialogue on some rather complex and controversial topics, and you delivered magnificently. Give yourselves a pat on the back!

But hands off the haloed woman — she's all mine.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~
copyright © 2006, Stephen Peltz

9 Comments:

At 10:34 AM, April 01, 2006, Blogger aaron said...

I'm sorry to see Simply Put put to bed. I don't expect to head Toward Jerusalem as often as I came here, given its general bent toward the religious, but I'll probably still visit once in a while (you're too good of a blogger to avoid completely). Thanks so much for having hosted a wonderful blog that was both thoughtful and civil, on a wide range of interesting, and often challenging, subjects. Should you ever head to DC, I expect you and Mary to contact me for a meet-up. Of course I'll do the same whenever we next make it to Ottawa.

And feel free to keep the woman with a halo -- I already have one.

 
At 3:31 PM, April 01, 2006, Blogger The Misanthrope said...

You'll be missed whether your numbers state it or not.

I'll be around, you won't shake me that easily.

 
At 8:33 AM, April 02, 2006, Blogger chosha said...

Happy Blogiversary! I'll see you at the new site. I like the idea of you combining both, even if only because you always used to tell us on here what you were putting up over at Ragged Glory anyway. :)

 
At 3:21 PM, April 02, 2006, Blogger Carolyn said...

Congratulations on your anniversary. I'll have to update your link on my blog. I look forward to seeing the process of your new direction.

 
At 12:02 PM, April 03, 2006, Blogger Lynne said...

Ciao Q, aka Journeyman.

 
At 7:13 PM, April 03, 2006, Blogger Michael Suddard said...

You will be missed. Please keep the commentary coming over at Art of the Rant.

Michael

 
At 7:33 PM, April 03, 2006, Blogger stc said...

• Aaron:
You already have a haloed woman? It sounds like a Monty Python skit:
King Arthur: "We're on the quest of the Holy Grail".
French taunter: "Holy Grail? We've already got one."

• Misanthrope:
Thanks. And I'm glad to see you're blogging again!

• Chosha:
Some of you were already reading both blogs, and I'm sure the change can only make things easier for you. Those who only read Simply Put may be more doubtful about the change.

• Carolyn:
Thanks for sticking with me!

• Lynne:
I take it I won't see you at Toward Jerusalem? I certainly regret that, but I guess I would say I'm following my muse.

• Michael:
I'll still contribute to The Art of the Rant when the right topic comes up, as before.

 
At 2:53 PM, April 04, 2006, Blogger LoryKC said...

Sometimes a change of scenery is just what's needed!
I'll stop by and visit soon!

 
At 7:08 PM, April 04, 2006, Blogger stc said...

Thanks, Lory!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home