Monday, May 09, 2005

Safe sharks, dangerous sofas

A lawyer friend of mine (www.lawteam.ca) regularly sends me his newsletter. Here's a recent item I particularly enjoyed:
In law as in life, perspective is everything. Consider deer and sharks. Deer are cute, sharks are dangerous, right? Actually, in the US (where they have sharks and keep such statistics) more than twenty-two individuals die in collisions with deer for every person killed by a shark. In fact, for every person eaten by a shark, well over a thousand die when upholstered furniture catches fire. Just when you thought it was safe to sit on the couch….
I hesitate to bring up an old lawyer joke (especially where a friendship may be at stake) but my mind has made a quick lateral association.

I am reminded of the joke with the punchline about professional courtesy. Is it mere coincidence when a lawyer defends the reputation of sharks?

I'm just asking.

2 Comments:

At 12:26 AM, November 22, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said...

are you serious?

 
At 10:16 AM, November 22, 2005, Blogger stc said...

No, Louie … the lawyer in question is my friend, and he's one of the good guys.
Q

 

Post a Comment

<< Home